As Term 1 comes to a close, I thought it was timely to remind parents of some important Term 2 information.
Term 2 Commences Wednesday 26 April
Please be aware that the final day of Term 1 is Thursday 6 April (Friday 7 April is Good Friday Public Holiday). Students return to school on Wednesday 26 April due to Monday 24 April being a Pupil Free Day and Tuesday 25 April being ANZAC Day Public Holiday.
Interschool Swimming Carnival
This Carnival has now been rescheduled for Friday 5 May 2023. It will be held at the YMCA Narrogin Leisure Centre. More information will go out to families next term, including information about the sausage sizzle orders that were placed for the original carnival.
Play Cafe Term 2
We are very happy to have Mrs Claire Graham back to run 5 Play Café sessions for Term 2. Play Café is open to all families in the Narrogin and surrounding community. Families do not need to have siblings currently enrolled at St Matthew’s. Children between 0-5 years are welcome to attend. Children must be accompanied by a parent, grandparent or guardian.
Session Dates: 11 May, 18 May, 25 May, 1 June, and 8 June.
Time: 8:30am – 10.30am
Where: Kindy Room (enter from Fathom St)
Please check the school app, or contact the Office for more information or to make a booking.
Term 2 School Uniform
Thank you to all of our parents who support our school by ensuring their children are dressed in the appropriate uniform. As we head into the colder months, I would like to remind parents of the uniform expectations.
- The skort is able to be worn all year round on formal uniform days.
- The new sports jacket is not to be worn with the formal uniform
- All students from Years 4 to 6 are to wear the school tie with the formal uniform in Terms 2 & 3
- The old formal skirt is no longer available, however, girls will be able to continue to wear this item until the end of 2023.
- The old sports shorts are no longer available, however, students will be able to continue to wear this item until the end of 2023.
- Girls are able to wear formal trousers all year round on formal uniform days.
- Girls are able to wear the formal dress all year round on formal uniform days.
- White socks are not to be worn with the formal uniform.
- Girls wear navy blue tights or navy blue socks with their formal uniform.
- Boys wear grey socks with their formal uniform.
- All students are to wear white socks with their sports uniform.
- Sports shoes do not need to be white. These can be any colour; however, conservative colours are preferred.
- Plain black, leather-look sports shoes may be worn by both boys and girls with both the formal and sports uniform. The sports shoes must have no obvious advertising logos.
The Uniform Shop is open 5 days a week during school hours. Orders may also be placed by phone.
Year 6 Camp
Our wonderful Year 6 students will be heading off to Camp on the first day back next term. They will be supervised by Miss McCormack, Mr Tenney and Mrs Kilpatrick. We wish them all a fantastic experience and can’t wait to hear all about their adventures when they return.
Important Term 2 Dates:
First day 26 April
He is Risen Whole School Prayer Service 27 April
P&F Meeting 1 May
Interschool Swimming Carnival 5 May
Combined Sacrament Commitment Mass 21 May
Interschool Cross Country Carnival 2 June
WA Day Public Holiday 5 June
Pupil Free Day 6 June
Pupil Free Day 7 June
First Holy Communion 11 June
Interschool Winter Carnival 22 June
Last Day Term 2 30 June
We would all like to wish you a wonderful Easter and a safe holiday break.