Welcome to Term One 2024! I am super excited for the year ahead!!
Miss Bri Rutter will be teaching Year One full time for the year. Miss Sheena Bloxham, Mrs Kim Williams and Mrs Marlene Smit will be our Education Assistants.
In Year One the children will be sent home with a reader to read every night, You are asked to read to your child, or they read to you, for 15 minutes per night/day. Your child will also have a homework book sent home each week with activities to be completed throughout that given week. Homework is sent home on a Friday afternoon and is required back at school the following Friday morning. We will also start the year off with a ‘Travelling Ted’; when your child’s name is drawn out at random, they will take home our Travelling Ted for the weekend.
Parents are required to inform the school if their child is going to be absent on or before the day of absence. This is to be in the form of a written note, electronic note through the School App or website, or email to the classroom teacher. Alternatively, a phone call to the front office on the morning of the day of absence. Parents of students who have an unexplained absence will be rung by the Office staff to ensure that parents know the whereabouts of their child. On returning to school, parents should provide a written/electronic note or email explaining the absence and clearly stating the date/s that the child missed school.
On Mondays, the children will attend Music with Miss Meka McCormack, and attend Languages with Mrs Adele Maartens. On Tuesdays, Year One will have their library lessons. Please ensure your child has a suitable library bag. Year One will have Physical Education on Tuesdays, taught by Mr Antonio Muto, and also have STEM with Miss Meka McCormack. The children will have drama with Miss Meka McCormack on Thursday.
- There will be one Crunch’n’Sip at approximately 10:00am each day. Please ensure you provide your child with some fresh fruit and/or vegetables to help promote healthy eating choices. Children should only have water in their drink bottles.
- Children are required to wear their formal school uniform on Monday and Wednesday.
- Children are required to wear their Faction shirts with sports pants on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Children are required to wear their school sport uniform (red school top) on Friday.
- Parent information night 14 February 3:15pm
- Ash Wednesday Mass 14th February 9:30am
- Year 1 and 2 Prayer Service 29th February
- Swimming Carnival Week 7
Lastly, please feel free to discuss any issues or concerns you may have regarding your child, even if it is simply a niggling feeling. We strongly believe that our role as class teachers is to form a partnership with you, as parents, to educate your child. We welcome your input. We can be contacted at the school in person or by phone, but the best way to be sure to catch us is through email!
Miss Bri Rutter